Is Product Development In Your DNA?
Working with the Empire Group is far from your average job. It's an exciting opportunity with challenging and meaningful projects. The products we help to design, engineer, and perfect make an impact on the world by addressing problems, creating solutions, and fulfilling needs. That’s something to be excited about.
Our team members are committed to delivering the highest quality product development services and solutions to our customers in Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Goods, Juvenile & Toy, Medical Devices and Military & Defense.
Some of the largest companies in their respective industries trust the Empire Group team to deliver excellent products and excellent service including:
If you're creative, innovative, and passionate about working with a team of talented and driven individuals, you’ll find working with the Empire Group to feel just like home. Check out our open positions below.
Our Current Openings
+ CNC Machinist
In this position, you will be responsible for operating assigned machining equipment in supporting the manufacturing needs of the company. This includes preventative maintenance and machine changeovers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
QUALIFICATIONS: Technical / Personal
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) preferred
- Should be proficient with CNC controls and Manually operated Milling equipment.
- Proficient in programming in CAD and CAM software (Solid Works, Solid CAM)
- Must possess strong knowledge of machines and tools with regard to safety, use, and repair.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work as a team
- Ability to use measuring equipment
- Ability to operate machinery
- At least one year of work-related experience required, 5 years preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Job Type: Full-time
+Sr. Model Maker
Senior model makers are responsible for the development and execution of the assigned projects or project assemblies. SMM should be proficient in all aspects of Prototype Development Model Making. This includes CAD development, Med-Tech knowledge, Model prep, Finishing and assemblies of finished models to established QA standards. Be able to work in team environment, as well work individual from start to finish on projects assigned. SMM’s should responsible for all their own basic tools for fabrication and measuring. Materials and equipment for Finishing and Painting will be supplied by the company.
Education - Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Model Making or another relevant field
- Minimum 7 to 10 years in the trade with no less 3 years at a Senior Level or equivalent
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- Strong working knowledge and experience using a variety of materials such as 3D Resin Parts, model board, wood, metal, plastics, urethanes, and other similar materials
- Strong working knowledge of Model Shop equipment such as saws, milling machines, routers, jointers, drill press, sanders and band tools, laser cutters
- Proficient skill set in using CAD software development. Solid Works experience is a plus.
- Experience in using Paint systems that include Urethane paint or equivalent materials
- Strong Model finishing skill set. This includes all Model Prep for Finish, Fit and Function prior to Paint Operations.
- Problem-solving skills both Creative and Logical for sound model making/prototyping principles
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail and quality
- Manages multiple tasks concurrently
- Understands client’s needs as they relate to model making and/or prototyping
- Model Shop safety procedures for shop and individual tool use
- Works collaboratively and professionally with other associates to achieve project goals
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time